with Magos Gloves
designed, developed and integrated in-house.
with Magos Gloves
designed, developed and integrated in-house.
WHAT IS MAGOS SOLUTION?
MAGOS is the next-gen Human Computer Interaction device formost due to the 1/15° accuracy in finger tracking. This evidence makes MAGOS able not only to be the dominant player in XR applications but also to provide solutions in Healthcare and Robotic industries with use of clinical data.
WHAT CAN I USE THE MAGOS FOR?
MAGOS gloves constitute a technology platform that can be exploited in multiple use cases. At the moment the most applicable are:
- As a Human Computer Interaction (HCI) device in Extended Reality (XR) applications
- In Healthcare for collection of hand/finger clinical data
- As a Human Computer Interaction (HCI) device in Telerobotics. Both for the control and training of robotic hands
HOW DO THE MAGOS WORK?
MAGOS is combination of 4 high technology subsystems:
- Finger tracking
Each finger joint is tracked by unique sensing technology developed in house Hand orientation
- Hand orientation is achieved by the usage of a gyroscope, magnetometer, accelerometer sensor
- Hand Indoor positioning
HTC vive tracking system is utilized for hand location
- Haptic feedback
A vibration sensor located in each finger can provide the “touch” sense to the user.
The total system has high data rates (up to 10kHz) and through its wireless interconnectivity it can provide real finger and hand motion data.
HOW ARE THE MAGOS GLOVES DIFFERENT FROM OTHER SIMILAR SOLUTIONS?
MAGOS exhibits a lot of additional competitive advantages based on its custom made sensors:
- Plug & play solution (high UX)
- High accuracy equal to 1/15° in every joint
- Real time tracking (up to 10kHz)
- No need for calibration (user friendly)
- Being lightweight/ portable (<200 g)
- Capable to operate in various environments (indoor/ outdoor);
- Freedom of movement for user’s hands
ARE THE MAGOS GLOVES AVAILABLE NOW?
No. The BETA version will be available for pre-ordering in early September 2020.
- Bluetooth and USB
- Unity game engine
- Already tested and integrated with Oculus Rift S and HTC Vive Cosmos.
- Finger tracking: up to 10kHz
- Hand Orientation: up to 100 Hz
- Indoor localization sensor: up to 90 Hz
- Rechargeable battery
- ~3 hours
- Less than 500msec
- The demo includes two scenes, in the first one the capabilities of our solution are illustrated and in the second one interaction use cases are provided.
- The two scenes contain animations that are plug and play in the unity editor without any modification required by the user
- The interaction scene illustrates via the range of movement of fingers and hand the ability to interact with virtual objects in simple and complex ways.
- User interface will display the raw data of every joint in every timestamp.
Quanta & Qualia (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Service is the https://www.themagos.com website operated by Quanta & Qualia
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Quanta & Qualia uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Quanta & Qualia may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Quanta & Qualia will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Greece and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Greece and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Quanta & Qualia may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Quanta & Qualia may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Quanta & Qualia
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Quanta & Qualia aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Quanta & Qualia relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: email@example.com